There are no hidden costs with the services we provide, all fees are easy to calculate and understand. We offer our supported accommodation services from as little as one week up to long term and permanent stays. Glenelg Lodge has on site carers 24 hours a day 7 days a week, offering general care to all our guests.
Personal Care Tasks
- Assistance/supervision, eg. Bathing, showering, and sponging.
- Assistance with dressing and undressing and personal grooming.
- Assistance with mobility and transferring e.g. In bed - to sit up or to turn or get out stand and walk or for help with a transfer to a wheelchair, chair or vehicle.
- Assistance with eating and drinking, including preparation of healthy home-style cooked meals, we can also cater to special diets.
- Assistance with prescribed physical therapy programmes and general exercise, and organised social activity groups.
- Accompany by taxi to appointment, i.e. Doctor, bank etc.
- Monitoring medication, we can prepare and distribute prescribed medications.
Family members and GP's are given regular updates on recovery and report any problems. Good communication with the family and carers is the key to maintaining piece of mind that our guests are well looked after.
Onsite consultation rooms are available for appointments with various health care professionals when required. Professional nursing care is also available through the Royal District Nursing Society by means of referral. Registered nurses are available by appointment to perform most nursing duties onsite including:
- Nursing Assessment
- Medical injections
- Wound Care
- Post Operative Care
- Continence Care
- Medication administration
- Respiratory Therapy
- Diabetic management and blood testing
- Administration of enemas, suppositories and pessaries
- Catheterisation, irrigation and urine sampling
Our individual care plans will be tailored to suit your lifestyle and your specific care needs. We are here for you 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
We understand your friends and social life are vital to the quality of your life and your recovery; we do our best at Glenelg Supportive Care to give you all the necessary support so these activities come easily and remain a normal part of your life.